Kelly is a black kitty cat. I know she looks like a mouse right now, but she DOES have a cat tail on!
Isabelle went as a pink bunny rabbit. I'm not sure why she wanted the weird smiley face painted on her, but she was adament that she needed it.
Shane went as Gob the Magician. I'm going to assume most of you don't know who that is. He's a character from Arrested Development. Basically Gob is the worst magician of all time. Shane kept doing stupid card tricks all night that didn't even work, but the kids thought they were so cool. My husband IS cool! (And for those of you who DO know who Gob is, we even brought a CD player to play his theme music -- The Final Countdown!)
I wasn't sure what I was thinking when I got this costume. Yes... I am a california raisin. Okay, I guess I DID know what I was thinking when I bought that costume, but my thinking was definitely flawed. I saw it in a thrift store for $4 and thought "Hey! That's an easy costume and really really funny!" I was especially sold when it came with it's own "I'm drug free" ribbon. So yeah, in theory it was a great idea and very funny. However, in practice it was NOT a great idea and NOT very funny. It smelled really bad even though I washed and febreezed the heck out of it. It's made of foam, so it wasn't exactly breathable material and the two eye holes it gave me provided very little vision. The only thing funny about it was that it scared the little kids half to death. Literally. I had two 3 year olds that were seriously on the verge of crying I was freaking them out so much. That possibly could have been worth wearing it.Well, before I go I will leave with you a short video of Shane doing one of his card "tricks". I wish I could have gotten a video of some of his funnier tricks, but this will do. I think the Young Women were slightly confused by the trick.... lol!
13 comments:
LOVE the costumes! IT was soooo good to see you a few weeks ago, hopefully we get to come home sooner next year! YEAH!
You two are the coolest couple ever! Where do you come up with this stuff?
Making small children cry is worth it everytime.
Did he sink a yacht as his final big magic act? Gotta love Gob.
Even better, he danced around the room throwing candy at the children. I swear I'm not making this stuff up!
You guys were hilarious...I loved the theme music you had playing for your cat walk. If only we had thought of that, it would have been Mission Impossible.
Looks like you all had fun. A California Raisin? That really takes me back to like 3rd grade or something.
I think the raisin costume is funny! Sad it scared the kids. lol
Gob . . . so great.
You guys were so funny! Loved the theme music. Very creative!
Ok, so I remember a small sign, but c'mon...you KEPT the dern things? This requires a post....
So, I tag YOU, Olive..... :)
The thing I love most about you is the fact that you have 2 kids and a husband, but you're still the SAME!!! HAH!!! Don't ever change!!! You are hilarious!!
umm eww, I can't believe you wore that raisin costume! Talk about enough stench to make you puke, but I guess it's all worth it if you can scare a few kids to death. Good job. Lol, you and Shane are amazing. Wanna move out here and spice up our ward?
Post a Comment