Me, Shane, Henry, Diana, Hermana Bowers, Hermana Caulderon(The sister missionaries that baptized Diana)
Last Saturday Shane and I had the opportunity to be the escorts for our friends Diana and Henry Hopouy at the temple. Henry was already a member, but Diana had been baptized just the year before. It was really neat for us to see how much they had grown in the gospel and changed over the course of the year. I really got to know Diana well when I was helping her plan her wedding last year. Just so everyone is clear, Cuban weddings ROCK. Anyway, back to the story. So they planned on going through the temple for the first time and get sealed all in the same day. It was so exciting seeing Diana just glow the whole day and enjoying every minute of it. That afternoon when they were sealed, I had never seen them so happy before. It was a sweet and amazingly spiritual experience to be a part of. I feel so honored that they wanted us to be a part of it. P.S. In the first picture, Shane is having to bend his knees in order to get into the shot! That's what happens when you're the tall guy among a bunch of shorties!
6 comments:
What an amazing experience that must have been. Isn't it wonderful that you have a temple nearby, too.
Oh, and about the elk. Yes, Utah has elk, but the elk that our freezer is stuffed full of is from NM. My dad has turned into quite the hunter & got a HUGE bull elk this year. He's always so generous with us. Elk is good, too. It's really lean & isn't gamey like deer or other wild animals. Come over and we'll let you try some!
That is awesome- it's so amazing to be apart of such a special day. I also find it semi-cool that the sisters last names are close to my maiden and married name (Brower-Calderon) odd, no?
that's awesome. that is the girl that spoke in stake conference, isn't it? so cool you could be a part of it! :)
what a neat experience!
Have you talked to Loren about the babies yet?
Post a Comment